What are cookies?
Cookies are small text strings that the sites visited by the user sends to his terminal (usually the browser), where they are stored before being re-transmitted to the same sites at the next visit of the same user. During the navigation on a site, the user can also receive cookies on their terminal that are sent from different websites or web servers (so-called "third parties"), on which some elements may exist (such as, for example, images, maps, sounds, specific links to pages of other domains) on the site that the same is visiting.
Type of cookies
- Required cookies. These cookies are essential for the proper functioning of the website. These cookies do not identify the user. If you do not accept these cookies, the performance of the website, or sections thereof, may be impacted.
- Performance cookies. These cookies are used to collect and analyze the traffic and use of the site anonymously. These cookies, even without identifying the user, allow, for example, to detect if the same user returns to connect at different times. They also allow you to monitor the system and improve its performance and usability.
The deactivation of these cookies can be performed without any loss of functionality.
By way of example, but not exhaustive, some cookies are reported with a relative link:
- Profiling cookies. These are permanent cookies used to identify (anonymously or not) user preferences and improve their browsing experience. The site does not use www.cartonpack.com cookies of this type.
- Third-party cookies. By visiting a website you can receive cookies from both the visited site ("owners"), and from sites managed by other organizations ("third parties") such as, for example, "social plugins" for Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn. These are parts of the page visited generated directly by the aforementioned sites and integrated into the page of the host site. The most common use of social plugins is aimed at sharing content on social networks. The presence of these plugins involves the transmission of cookies to and from all sites managed by third parties. The management of the information collected by "third parties" is governed by the managers themselves. More information is available at the web addresses of the various information and how to manage cookies.
- Facebook policy: https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/
- Facebook (configuration): access your account. Privacy section.
- Twitter policy: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170514
- Twitter (configuration): https://twitter.com/settings/security
- Linkedin policy: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
- Linkedin (configuration): https://www.linkedin.com/settings/
- Google+ policy: http://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/cookies/
- Google+ (configurazione): http://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/managing/
- Google Analytics https://www.google.it/policies/privacy/partners/
- YouTube: For more about YouTube click here
Duration of the cookie.
Some cookies (session cookies) remain active only until the browser is closed or when the logout command is executed. Other cookies "survive" when the browser is closed and are also available in subsequent visits by the user.
These cookies are called persistent and their duration is set by the server when they are created. In some cases a deadline is set, in other cases the duration is unlimited.
www.cartonpack.com does not use persistent cookies.
However, browsing the pages of the website www.cartonpack.com, you can interact with sites managed by third parties that can create or modify permanent and profiling cookies.
The user can decide whether or not to accept cookies using the settings of his browser. However, sometimes, the total or partial disabling of technical cookies can compromise the use of some features of the site. On the contrary, the usability of public content is also possible by completely disabling cookies.
The disabling of "third-party" cookies does not affect the navigability in any way.
The setting can be defined specifically for different websites and web applications. In addition, the best browsers allow you to define different settings for cookies "owners" and those of "third parties".
Below are some links related to the management of cookies for the main browsers:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/en/cookies.html
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=en_GB